Last year, over 100 people provided their volunteer assistance to the Hartford Gay & Lesbian Health Collective in some capacity.
We simply could not provide our full range of services and programs without the dedicated assistance of our many volunteers. And because we’re growing, we’re always looking for more committed individuals to get involved. This could be your opportunity to meet new people, help provide valuable services to the community, give back to the community and have fun!
We currently have volunteer needs in the following areas:
- Licensed medical providers, such as physicians, nurse practitioners, physician’s assistants. (Time: 4 Hours Per Month).
- Front desk registration clerks and HIV testers/counselors to help staff our clinics. (Time: 4 Hours Per Month).
- Outreach Assistants to staff the HGLHC information table at PRIDE, True Colors conference, health fairs and other community events. (Time: 4-6 Hours Per Month)
- Board Members who are committed to the mission of the Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective. (Time: 8+ Hours Per Month)
- Special Events Assistants to assist in planning and/or implementing fundraising, social and other events, such as One Big Event and Queer Prom. (Time: 5 – 10 Hours Per Month)
- Administrative Assistants to assist with general office work, such as mailings, filing, and data entry. (Time: 5 – 10 Hours Per Month)
No prior experience is needed for non-Medical Volunteers. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old. Specific training will be provided.
We also offer internships to those seeking an exciting, challenging position helping the LGBT and wider community. Internships may be accepted for academic credit or personal enrichment.