Officer Baerga is available for questions, helping with safety concerns, hate crimes, to speak to LGBTQ groups, and to improve LGBTQ-police relations in Hartford and beyond.
Her mission includes:
- Fostering positive relations between the LGBTQ community and the Hartford Police Department by providing a liaison for community members who may be victims of crime, or otherwise in need of services.
- Assist in productive dialogue with patrol, Community Policing and various investigative units concerning LGBTQ related crimes through diversity and sensitivity training.
- Works in partnership with other City agencies, other law enforcement entities, and community based organizations by conducting community outreach, education, and involvement in other related LGBTQ related issues.
- To encourage the respectful exchange of mutual support among LGBTQ and non-LGBTQ Officers in the areas of equal opportunity in recruitment, hiring, retention, discipline, promotion, and benefits.
- To create a safe, secure, and non-hostile work environment in which LGBTQ Officers are supported and mentored through the challenge of “coming out” in the workplace.
To get in touch with Officer Baerga, call 860-757-4005 or email her here.
Her official website includes valuable safety tips and more.