Due to increased demand you must call to schedule an appointment. Call 860-278-4163.
We are pleased to announce additional hours for our services. The Hartford Gay & Lesbian Health Collective Clinic is open from 6pm to 8pm Mondays and Thursdays. Amongst the services offered are:
- STD/STI (Sexually-transmitted diseases and infections) Diagnosis & Treatment
- Hepatitis C testing
- Hepatitis A & B Immunization
- PAP Testing
- Pelvic Exams
- Breast Exams & Mammogram Referrals
- HIV Testing (by appointment only, recommended donation of $30)
Our standard STD/STI testing includes:
- a urine test for chlamydia and gonorrhea
- blood test for syphillis
Other tests may be recommended by our providers based on particular symptoms, including
- a swab for gonorrhea throat infection in those symptomatic or those who perform oral sex
- anal swab for gonorrhea in those who have symptoms or have anal sex without protection
- herpes blood test (IgG / IgM antibody tests)
- herpes PCR (from a swab of suspected lesions)
STD tests AND treatment for only $30! If you can’t afford it, let us know – we can often help!
If you would like to make an appointment or have questions, please contact Josh or Miguel at (860) 278-4163. We also have extensive experience providing one-on-one and group education on HIV, STDs, and safer sex.