Due to increased demand you must call to schedule an appointment. Call 860-278-4163 or make an appointment online at patientfusion.com if you are an existing patient.
We are NOT accepting Walk-Ins. The Fee is $40 paid UP FRONT.
Effective February 1, 2019:
If you miss your appointment and do not cancel at least 24 hours in advance by leaving a voicemail or sending us a message via the patient portal, you will be required to pre-pay over the phone or in-person before being allowed to make future appointments. We can take credit or debit cards over the phone.
Tests You Should Ask Other Doctors to Do
We see many patients who did NOT get appropriate screening from other providers. If you are getting an STD test from urgent care, your doctors’ office, or other sites, these are the tests that you should be asking them to perform. Just “getting a blood test” is NOT automatically an HIV or syphilis test, and will not detect gonorrhea or chlamydia either. A urine test will also NOT show if you have rectal or oral gonorrhea or chlamydia – the two most common infections we see that patients don’t know they had.
Always ask for these tests:
- HIV 4th Generation Testing (Blood Test for HIV Antibodies and P24 Antigen)
- VDRL or RPR Testing (Blood Test for Syphilis)
- A urine test Gonorrhea and Chlamydia
- A throat swab for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia
- A rectal swab for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia if you are a “bottom” or get “rimmed” or use shared toys.
- Hepatitis C testing (Blood test) for those who have used injection drugs, are baby boomers, or engage in receptive anal sex (“bottoms”) or use shared toys, engage in fisting, etc.
- An anal / rectal HPV test for those who are “bottoms” or get “rimmed” or use toys.
- An anal / rectal cytology test (a Pap test) for those who are “bottoms” or get “rimmed” or use shared toys.
- Screen for Hepatitis A and B immunity
Our Testing Services:
Amongst the services offered are:
- STD/STI (Sexually-transmitted diseases and infections) Diagnosis & Treatment
- Hepatitis C testing
- Hepatitis A & B Immunization
- Rectal and Cervical Pap Testing and HPV (Human Papillomavirus) testing
- Pelvic Exams
- Breast Exams & Mammogram Referrals
- Breast self-exam instruction
- HIV Testing by lab / rapid or both (all 4th Generation)
- PrEP Referrals, including required bloodwork
- Testicular examination and instruction on self-exams
Our standard STD/STI testing includes:
- a urine test for chlamydia and gonorrhea
- blood test for syphilis
- a swab for gonorrhea throat infection in those symptomatic or those who perform oral sex
- anal swab for gonorrhea in those who have symptoms or have anal sex without protection
- Hepatitis C test for baby boomers or those at risk such as “bottoms” and those using injection drugs
- Hepatitis B test, including to test for immunity (if no immunity, we can vaccinate)
- HIV testing can be done via rapid test or by lab if an official lab report is needed or wanted (such as for a PrEP referral)
At patient request or if recommended by the provider we can also perform:
- herpes blood test (IgG / IgM antibody tests)
- herpes PCR (from a swab of suspected lesions)
Hours: NO WALK-INS – Please Call for an Appointment!
The Hartford Gay & Lesbian Health Collective Clinic is open from 6pm to 8pm Mondays and Thursdays. We are closed for inclement weather and Federal holidays such as Memorial Day, MLK Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas holidays, etc.
Cost: $40 for Screening or Treatment with a Recommended Donation of $40 for those getting HIV Screening
If you would like to make an appointment or have questions, please contact Josh or Miguel at (860) 278-4163. We also have extensive experience providing one-on-one, couples testing, and even group education on HIV, STDs, and safer sex.