popupidhomeFrom our friends at GLAD (Gay & Lesbian Advocate and Defenders):

Lawyers from Ropes & Gray LLP, working with GLAD and MTPC, will guide transgender people through the legal process for:

  • Legal name change
  • Social Security card
  • U.S. passport
  • Driver’s license / state-issued identification card
  • Birth certificate [where issued in New England]

Attorneys may also be able to provide guidance with respect to updating other identification, personal and commercial documents to reflect proper name and gender (including birth certificates issued outside of New England).

More information at GLAD’s website.